In 2008, we built the first hotel in Nicaragua with the mission of funding educational programs for local children with its profits. This three-star hotel quickly became the most booked accommodation in Granada, and hundreds of children benefited from the profits. Ten years later, the second hotel opened in Oaxaca, Mexico.This hotel soon received similar popular status among travelers and began supporting young Mexicans with their education.
Tens of thousands of guests have stayed at our two hotels. Impressed by our social mission and very pleased with our staff and service, they leave raving reviews about their experience.
- To sustainably increase the number of children attending school in developing countries.
- To improve the quality of education for children and adolescents in developing countries.
- To increase the labor market opportunities for school graduates in developing countries.
- Sustainable development of economic activities in the tourism sector in developing countries.
Summary of current policy 2020-2022
- Operate the current hotels in Granada, Nicaragua and Oaxaca, Mexico profitably.
- Investing profits from hotel operations in local educational projects (in Nicaragua and Mexico).
- Scale current impact projects by seeking out local education-oriented NGOs for active partnerships.
- Intensify digital marketing to increase occupancy and profits.
- Develop and execute three new impact hotel projects. Determine impact, fundraising, construction/refurbishment, startup.
Board of Directors Stichting Hotel con Corazón (the Dutch foundation)
- Mrs. M. de Man, President
- Mr. O. Oostveen, Treasurer
- Mr. C. Werre, Secretary
Stichting Hotel con Corazón, The Netherlands
Registered non-profit (ANBI) with the Dutch tax authorities. Donations are deductible for Dutch income tax.
Fundación Hotel con Corazón, Nicaragua
Perpetual number (Número perpetuo): 3709
Registered non-profit with the Nicaraguan tax authorities. Donations are deductible for Nicaraguan income tax.
Hotel con Corazón Educación A.C., Mexico
Registered non-profit (‘Donataria Autorizada’) with the Mexican tax authorities. Donations are deductible for Mexican income tax.