Legal address: Monnikskapstraat 54 | 1032 LM | Amsterdam | +31 6 1343 1517 | RSIN: 8169.96.246
In 2006, two Dutch guys decided to start a social enterprise in Granada, Nicaragua, with the mission of supporting educational development for children. Hotel con Corazón Granada is the result; a successful hotel that has had raving reviews ever since. Hotel con Corazón Granada invests its profits in education, through private education programs set up by the hotel.
In 2014, the Dutch Foundation Hotel con Corazón came up with the plan to open more Hotels with a Heart around the world. Hotel con Corazón Oaxaca is the second, soon to be followed by others.
To increase sustainably the number of school-going children in developing countries. Improve the quality of the education of children and young people in developing countries. To increase the chances on the labor market of school-leavers in developing countries. The sustainable development of economic activities in the tourism sector in developing countries.
Summary of current policy 2018-2020
- Operate the current hotels in Granada, Nicaragua and Oaxaca, Mexico profitably
- Invest the profits obtained from the hotel operations in local (in Nicaragua and Mexico) educational projects
- Scale the current impact projects by searching local education-oriented NGO’s for active partnerships
- Intensify digital marketing to increase occupancy & profits
- Develop and execute 3 new impact-hotel projects. Determine impact Fundraising, building/refurbishing, start-up.
Board of Directors
- Mrs. M. de Man
- Mrs. P. de Boer
- Mr. O. Oostveen, Secretary
- Mr. J. van Duin, Treasurer